Monday, February 18

President's Day in Brooklyn


Last night I saw Next To Normal last night. Still amazing and though I do openly admit there are some problems with it, it's still fresh and amazing. Much more than other stuff playing right now and the long awaited Shrek, that's coming to Broadway. I do believe that Sutton Foster, though an amazing performer, is on a one woman quest to bring about the destruction of Broadway...

Tourist on line at TKTS: Look I see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse approaching Time Square?!
Other Tourist: Really? What do they look like?
Tourist: Oh my Lord! It looks like Sutton Foster, Mel Brooks, Eric Idle and Jerry Mitchell!
Other Tourist: Well I hope they don't get her until I get my discount ticket for The Color Purple.


That's how I envision the end to be. Or how the tourists in Time Square will probably react to it. They worked long and hard to get here and a mere Apocalypse will not stop them!

I have spent the last 48 hours being the laziest person I know. There's something about not showering that's both liberating and horrifying. I'll chose the former right now.

I spent last night and most of today with The Tall Man. He's going through such a stressful time, it's so odd to see the this happening to someone and not to yourself. He'll survive he said and as long as he doesn't "cut" me out of his stress. Correction, as long as I am not stressful to his life, I'll try the best I can to support him.

We didn't do much, more or less hung out. Fell asleep around 2am and then slept until 2 pm. We woke once for cordial reasons that I'll keep humble for the time being. We watch Fast Food Nation, which I expected to be disgusting and not leave me with feeling of happiness in my soul. I guess I set myself up for it. I have to applaud the author of that for making it such an interesting story. Yet, it felt so trashy. Suppose it's because the story is about middle America and thus you don't have many glamorous actors playing roles. Unless you're Charlize Theron and like to get down and dirty. Maybe it was also the acting.

I feel as though I'm avoiding some lingering worries myself. Perhaps it has to do with quitting my job and being independent soon and surviving somehow on no money and on a dream that I'll get an internship. What's annoying about the Internship business is...The ones that want letters of recommendation...I did that game last year and got nothing. NOTHING. I'm not about to play this game again. It's tiring.

I think I may take up Temping again when I leave my job. Plus without an internship this summer I can focus on taking those summer classes and getting Geology and Biology out of the way. Not worry about that bullshit next semester. I want an internship, I really do. I also want to graduate. I'm gonna be an adult anyway and I played this game so long and so hard. It's time to end it.

The Tall Man's roommate (who I mentioned was moving out) got rid of a lot of his stuff. So that means I got two pairs of jeans, a couple nice shirts and other stuff. This is how I shop people, this is how I shop. Wait long enough and you'll get your dues.

No comments: