Friday, February 15

Mandatory Post Valentines Day Post

Valentine's Day consisted of me waking up at 6 am and running 4.30 (my longest yet) miles in 30 mins. Then somewhere around 8:40 am I decided I will proceed to get stoned before my creative writing class. It's funny what days that involve love do to you. I suppose some back story is needed here.

I've been in college for 329 years and I'm still going strong! No, it's my 4th year, but not finished (as usual) and I'm taking creative writing. There's a girl in my class, she's an English major and has one of the sourest dispositions I have ever seen. There's never really a positive remark she can make. It's always something dour and annoying that comes from her mouth. Understand why I got stoned? Not yet? I'll continue...

So a couple of classes ago someone brought up how in many of the stories we've been reading the author's have used Pot in negative ways. Like a lazy character on disability would rather get stoned than confront the issues with his wife ("Shiloh"). Or this character who is nervous about meeting a blind man, offers him a joint to smoke ("Cathedral"). Along with some other stories. I simply offered my advice and said, "I feel using pot is more of a device to alleviate the characters of their nerves." Meaning that this man is nervous, when you're stoned usually you're less nervous and more open. Or with the guy on disability, sure he's a stoner, but that's the character.

So the Sour Lemon raises her hand and says, "Well it's obvious, in my life most people I've come in contact with who smoke a lot of pot are unmotivated and do nothing with their lives." What shocked me more is the teacher got very flustered at every ones discussion about what they believed pot to mean in the stories and quickly changed the topic.

Now, perhaps that's true. As I look in a mirror and ask myself, "Are you motivated?"

Her comment irked me, I admit. So I decided to go to class stoned. Honestly, I am just looking for any excuse nowadays. No, seriously it was a silent protest. I didn't outwardly raise my hand and tell the class, "I am high as a kite and just TRY and reel me in!" I contributed to class, I raised my hand and I remembered no more or less than what normally is said in class. Hell, the fact I was in school was proof enough that not all people who are stoners are unmotivated.

Well that story is done, now onto Valentines Day. The Tall Man arrived around 9 to pick me up. Before that I sewed, I watched Meet Me In St. Louis and I don't know how I haven't seen this movie sooner! Oh Judy, when I think you'd topped yourself you just get more and more entrancing to me.

It was a quiet night really. We went out for Middle Eastern Cuisine. I listened to his life, his roommate is moving to New Zealand for HIS boyfriend. Which is ultimately romantic, but puts the Tall Man in an odd position finding a new roommate. I gave him his book, which he loved. And that made me smile.

(This is where I brag)We had mirror sex* and then went to sleep. Then had morning sex and went to work.(okay done bragging)


Now I'm at work and thus concludes my mandatory Valentine's Day post...It was nice that Judy got to spend Valentine's Day with me. No, honestly she is amazing in Meet Me In St. Louis. I never need Judy was sassy from day one. Okay not day one, but day 14,556 when she met Vincent and was asking her dresser, "Is he queer?" Honestly Judy, the makeup and effeminate mannerisms weren't enough? I can't complain for Liza wouldn't be here without him as well. God I'm out gaying myself and hardly trying.

* Mirror sex is just like it sounds. I always feel narcissistic when it happens, yet I went with it. It's all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day.

No comments: