Thursday, February 14

Strange Emotions


I don't know why I'm so worried. I always get worried when I go to the doctor and get various tests done. Tomorrow I will find out and I'll know for sure whether I have anything to really be worried about.

It's just that things have been so calm (relatively) for a while now that I feel I'm overdue for some big upset. Not that I necessarily deserve something that BIG nor do I expect it. Don't think that I'm insinuating that. We've all made weak choices at times in our lives and thusly it's for moments of truth like this that we start to get nervous. That is all.

Here I am on Valentine's Day, with an actual Valentine and I'm close to tears because the idea that tomorrow could hypothetically be the last time I ever see this Valentine again. It's difficult to be upset and cryptic at the same time. It's also difficult being born of a stock that worries to much.

In other news: Next to Normal has been reviewed to mixed reviews. They don't say it's horrible, but as I excepted the subject matter causes it to really be enjoyable. I look at Spring Awakening and wonder how we turned a blind eye last year? The songs are a little in your face some reviews say. Once again I look at Spring Awakening. I enjoy that show, I really do...but yes, no defending that. Plus what is with that awful song in the end with the purple mountains. Maybe I missed something. Oh is it because this subject matter is present today, while that show took place in 1890? Paging Mr. Ledger, paging.

I just hope they record the show, that's all I want is a legitimate recording of it. That's all. In other news East of Eden is going to be an epic one I can tell. Woo boy will it be. I am back into the world of regular reading. Out of the land of wizards. What's funny is when I read, I read for myself. I personally don't care if anyone else reads East of Eden or that I was the only one who read Harry Potter 7 months after it's popularity died out.

Yet, I find people are always telling me, "You MUST read this!" To which I always respond, "I have a reading agenda and I'm sorry, but I'll put it on queue. I can't promise I'll get to it anytime soon." Rarely does a book get pushed ahead. Okay, a little more than rarely. Yet all the time of Harry Potter I kept pretending that Perfume would be read before East of Eden (EoE), yet I purchased EoE without even batting a literary eyelash.

No comments: