Wednesday, May 14

Tony Nominations

The Tony Nominations came out yesterday and here's my view on it all:

So the top four this year are: Cry Baby, In The Heights, Xanadu and Passing Strange. I've seen three of the four and I know that as justified as it would be that Xanadu would win. A year ago to this day people were laughing at how it would close before it opened. Tsk, tsk on you Broadway.

My pick for Best Musical will be:

In The Heights


Then there is Best Play. I don't even need to begin to say August: Osage County will win for sure. It's between Amy Morton and Deanna Dunagan for best Lead Actress.

My vote goes to:
Deanna Dunagan


Best Musical Revival is a tough one this year. Commercially it will go to either South Pacific or Grease. But if the Tony Committee were made up of one person, and that person was I. It would go to the stunning:
Sunday in the Park With George


As for best actor. I have seen several of them and if we were voting by cuteness. Daniel Evans will win. But since that's not the primary judging criteria. They will vote on talent and another sexy man will win: Paulo Szot


I will end these predictions with the final and hottest category. Best Actress in a Musical. This year is difficult. You have the legendary, against the ingenue, against the dark horse, against the boring, against the British. Of course I know who I want to win:


Patti LuPone.

Or as she's now known:

Madame Rose

No comments: