Monday, May 26

In Memorial

Patti LuPone deserves the Tony. End of story. A friend sent me Rose's Turn sung by La LuPone and I'm determined that Kelli O'Hara can't wash enough men out of her hair to win this award over the Goddess that is LuPone! Sure it's a little insane, but she took Madame Rose to her final breakdown. Whatever, if you hate her. That's your prerogative

Yes Ms. Merman, it's not just singing on the down beat that makes Rose's Turn work.

In real news. I have been reading Paula Vogel. And Baby Makes Seven is a production my theater company will do.

Oh, yes I've forgotten to mention that some friends and I will be creating an all gay theater company! Our tentative title is: The Sausage Factory. We will be gay men creating theater. Women will be allowed, but their title will be as HAGS.

Meaning they can participate, but have no artistic say in the process. We're not doing this as a statement, we're doing is cause we're gay! Okay, so the official statement is in the works, but we're hoping that will be included.

Wow, this entry has gone to a different place than I intended, see what Patti does to me. I've started reading Sarah Kane. This shall be a summer of plays I am sure. Along those lines, William Inge is brilliant. A true friend of Tennessee Williams at best! Come Back Little Sheba was sadly missed near the end of February. If you know the circumstances you'll understand why. Yet, when I read the play I missed it much more, because it was brilliance at best. I need to buy the movie, I need Shirley Booth in my life.

In short, I cherish my friends. Feeling loved is nice. Feeling enjoyed is better. Feeling needed is terrific. There is a moment upon leaving them that the loneliness returns quickly. I take a few deep breathes and go back to it all.

I tried for happiness, but I did return to depression.

Internship starts tomorrow. Oh life did shift, how?

No comments: