Monday, May 19

Another Lap Around the Track

Today marks the last day of my finals. Onward to lap five! Starting this game 4 years ago, the curves were not easily predictable in the least. I'm holding up and intend on finishing this marathon someday.

That concludes the metaphor portion of our entry this morning.

I will allow myself a moment to brag as it were. Life is changing drastically in the coming days and nights. I leave my job of two years at the end of this week probably forever. A job that has been both the bane and savior of my existence. It helped destroy all the illusions I built up of my time in college being part of the real world. Which explains my lack of sympathy for people who complain about petty college issues. Granted, I will admit I complain about college issues.

My soul never seems to stir when someone is in so much stress over all the projects they have due. Oh and their job they have through the school, you know the one thats from 10-6, two days a week, is just not allowing them the time they need to complete their projects!

Oh, is that harsh? Well I have a surprise for you. Welcome to the real world.

I start my internship for the summer. I am excited for a change and a resume builder. If it's fruitful then terrific! If it's pointless I will appreciate it for escaping the mundane summer repeat I had last year.

My friends and I are throwing about the idea of creating an all gay theater company. Which they've labeled The Sausage Factory. I'm all for it, but everyone keeps asking me what my role will be in it. Which causes me to laugh hysterically in my head. They all seem to have secured their own position as director or actor or set designer. But what will YOU do. Run the box office? Despite the fact that the theater company was my suggestion in the first place (but as a post-college plan since right now it's impossible), next thing I know the choices were made immediately. What play we were doing, who was doing what. But then they look at me and ask, "What will you do?"

It's exciting I do admit, but when you ask me what I am going to do in the company. I feel odd because its like I'm tagging along on my own idea that was purloined from my head. I think I'll just watch this one develop and hope I see an opening, I'll jump in. As of right now I don't see that.

I think my friends forget I'm behind them by at least 5-7 years of experience.

My aunt has surprised me with a visit tomorrow. She's the good aunt and it will be fun to spend the day with her. We want to go to a museum and get a nice dinner. In such hard times as these it's hard to feel truly excited, except for the smaller things like seeing family.

Oh and in less than two months I'll be 23. How did that happen? The ODD numbered years are always less disappointing than the EVEN. At the time though it'll always be the reverse.

No comments: