Monday, December 3

The Text of New Orleans Part II

Day 3:

After stumbling home at about 3 am and surprisingly not dying. I died a little on the inside. I awoke the next morning and threw up. This is a theme that would continue through the whole day. I believe that someone had placed a Voodoo Curse on me that night. Much like The Curse of Monkey Island...which someone made into a live stage show...What?! Yet, the writing for that show was really intelligent so I can see how it translated. I digress.

The pattern of my day was: Move, puke, move puke, drink water, puke, move, puke, etc.

We went to this amazing restaurant/bar called Coop's Place. Sleazy as hell looking, but the food was great. We even saw a big cockroach crawling on the wall later in the trip. Yet, we ate there like 3/4 times. I kept moving somehow, it was amazing I should have been in bed. I didn't want to waste a day.

We went on a bus trip to the Swamps of New Orleans. I almost puked while riding across Lake Pontchartrain, it was very Marie Christine. I kept it in. While we drove we saw the effect of Hurricane Katrina on the rest of New Orleans. It was rather depressing, I feel as though they need to start from scratch almost. The city was already poor enough. Too bad we're too focused on a War to REALLY care.

The swamp tour was surreal. We had a choice of a covered boat or a topless one. It was cold and most people chose the covered boat, my group and a English couple choose the topless boat with was controlled by Captain Ted. If you've watched the movies I posted, you'll know why this trip was so memorable. Somehow Captain Ted held back my puking the entire trip.

We returned to New Orleans where I proceeded to get sick again and fall down and sleep and puke every two hours.

Day 4:

I woke up and felt much better. I got a start on my day by eating Beingets and all the other food I missed the day before. I then went to my little local theater production of Purlie. Waiting for Guffman can not define the horribleness this was! Not horrible actually, but just really amateur in the best way possible. The spotlight kept missing the person it was one. The acting was childish. The band was completely wrong. And the lead actor couldn't sing OR act. His actor bio proudly stated he'd been acting for 10 years, but never on a stage. I can assure you it showed completely.



It was NOTHING like this.

I left after the first act, for it was enough to satisfy my curiousity. I wish I'd held out for Hot Flashes the Musical Revue they were also performing.

I returned to the Hotel and met up with my friends who had gone to the Garden District. I missed out on that, but it was worth it. We decided to go on the town again. Another Magical Cookie and we were off. We had Oysters and fried Crawfish at ACME. I ate so many ice cubes. you can see it in that movie I posted. So many ice cubes.

We went walked around, searching for live music and found a rock bar, where I hear some amazing Improv Rock and lost myself in the music. It was truly magical.

No comments: