Sunday, December 30

A Faggot Grows China - Part two

So some time has passed and I have to make this brief, seeing as we are leaving shortly for the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an and celebrating New Years Even tonight. So at 11 am, it'll be 2008 in China.

I bought more Panda stuff. That's literally the only stuff I've purchased, besides food. It's funny right? I am such a pop culture junkie. I'll get my jade and charms later in the final town we go to.

I climbed the Great Wall, I even got my card proving it. It was amazing. Truly amazing. Such a great way to end the 2007 year. We kept climbing, I didn't get as high as others because I wanted to be back to the bus on time, I'm punctual, what can I say. But I got to the like the 5th gate house and decided that is where I'd mark my fame.

In China, Mao stated that anyone who climbs the Great Wall is a hero. So as of 2008 I am officially a hero!

In other news that happened. We went to a Pearl factory, the mock Beijing Opera, which was not that great. Had French Fries. Went to an Acrobatic show which WAS great. And then took a 12 hour train ride on a "not so fancy" train with cabin cars. I slept on the top bunk. The only time I've enjoyed being a top. Lots of people bitched and moaned. I couldn't care where I slept. Though I didn't sleep well, it was a beautiful experience as well.

More in the future...

No comments: