Monday, December 24

Holday Cheer Pt 3

Sleeping on the night before holidays has never went well for me. I try, but I feel so anxious. I took some kind of sleeping supplement, I bought it for the trip to China. It'll hopefully help. If not, then it's gonna be a slow boat to China...as the phrase goes. This time literally.

I saw Sweeney Todd the movie tonight. Eh. That's all I can really say. It was about ten minutes in that I realized it was never meant for the screen. The show is genius, the lyrics are brilliant. It moved way to quickly to really feel anything. Plus watching Mrs. Lovett burn up was almost comical to watch. I was happy that Toby was defined as a boy, rather than a man child.

Christmas is a strange season. As usual, I was home for about 30 seconds and now I'm leaving again. I'll be with my family on Christmas, which is nice. I'll drink a little and feel all tipsy. Before the day is done I'll be bus bound to Brooklyn. Then the next day to relax and pack. Then to JFK to go to China.

There wasn't a day this weekend that I slept in past 8:45, which is odd. What is wrong with me? Why can't I sleep in anymore? Maybe I'll do that on the 26th, seeing as I don't have to go to the gym.

This Christmas shall not be difficult. I feel as if there's always some anthill to climb, yet it feels like a mountain. Why is that? Little Children, I felt just like Kate Winslet. We live on dreams. The scene where she is spying on Patrick Wilson and sees his wife and just bursts into tears. I've felt that before. She makes a simple affair into an infatuation, how typical of the dreamers of life.

I think it's time to TRY to sleep. Perhaps Beckett will push me into dreamland. I haven't enjoyed my dreams since I've been home. Hopefully tonight will not continue the trend.

No comments: