Saturday, December 22

Holiday Cheer Begins now...

Have yourself a Merry Little...little...um...what's PC nowadays? I know, have yourself a Merry Little Holiday Season, Ha(o), Ha(o), Ha(o).

Moving along...moving along. I am home for Christmas, the bus ride was taxing. The Tall Man tried to talk me into calling into work so we could cuddle until I left. Excuse me? He wanted to cuddle all morning? Because I'm a responsible person I declined. I feel that early goodbyes are better than later ones. As Shakespeare once said, "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Of course later, at work, I was kicking myself for NOT calling in.

I am ready to leave my job. I was sitting there yesterday doing work and when I told my boss I was leaving she looks at me and goes, "Wait...I thought you said you're leaving at 5?" When it was 4 pm. Even though two weeks before she said, "Do 10 to 4 pm shift...it'll be 6 hours." Cause I gave her...HER...the choice I said, "I can catch the 4:30 or 5:30 bus...but I'll need time." She picked 5:30 and then suggested the 10-4 work day. I know she isn't expected to remember everything about my life, but it annoys me. I could've said, "I'm not coming in...I'm going home..." Yet, I didn't. In short, without complaining TO much...I hate my job.

So I've pretty much decided I'm leaving May 1st. I mean two weeks is ample notice. Yet, I would like to possibly save some money. Yet, I am acting backwards that I'm not waiting until after summer. I just cannot be there through summer. I hate it. I should enjoy my job a little. I feel very liberated about this choice!!

I usually refrain from writing about the men in my life, unless they are causing me grief. I will break this rule because of China and I am not going to see this man. So I will have time to forget him. He is very sexy. The communication is there and the sexual attraction is definitely there. It's been a while since I've felt this for a man. Meaning that something is stirring in the background. Some feelings will happen that aren't needed. Stay tuned...Yet, until then I will enjoy this man who actually lives nearby me immensely. On Thursday we watch Love Actually. A movie I thought I'd hate and ended up bursting into tears in front of him. I couldn't help it, the movie is so adorable.

This is why I don't watch Romantic comedies. I stick to horror...

Lastly, Broadway News:

I have some more wonderful bootlegs. I got them the day I left, Christmas came early!

These are the titles I got:

  • Nine (original 1982)
  • Falsettos
  • Starmites
  • The Last Five Years
  • Smile the Musical
  • Taboo
  • Evita (Original, it's in B&W though...hehe)
  • Merrily We Roll Along (Original)
As you probably can tell this is some of the most exciting musicals I've ever wanted to see. Was I type, Falsettos is playing to the right of the screen. Which though it's blurry and static-y. It's AMAZING! I've been waiting YEARS, to see Falsettos. Barbara Walsh is phenomenal! And Jason has gained so much more ground in my eyes.

Meanwhile, the first one I watched last night was Nine. I had to in honor of my Anita!! Now first off I need to say Nine is probably one of the most brilliant musicals I've ever seen. The score is normal, the story is normal. However, this 1982 production is so stylized it's amazing! Though I am not crazy about William Ivey Long's costumes, this show was one of the moments I am crazy about them. I wondered for years (yes I wonder about these things) how Dreamgirls lost to Nine. After last night I know why. Dreamgirls is amazing, true. Nine is original though. It's fully thought out. It was one of the early movie musicals and should have set the example of what movie musicals should strive to be...yet it didn't.

Karen Akers, Anita Morris, Raul Julia and yes, even that cunt Lilian Montevecchi impressed me.

Then to add more to this viewing. At the end of the show I noticed there was still 20 minutes of running time of the DVD. The screen was blue and suddenly I realized the guy who made this DVD added some extra footage. First was a TV segment from a NY TV show called 2 On The Town. Where they interviewed Anita Morris!! It was godly! They had some clips of A Call From the Vatican and of her dancing with Grover and Jason. Then to add more the next clip was of Anita singing Private Dancer on the Johnny Carson Show. Now I'll admit it's not my favorite moment of Anita, but it was transcending my fandom for her. To see such a rare clip was like seeing God.

Anita Morris Rant Ended.

P.S.
Barbara Walsh singing I'm Breaking Down is great and it's sad they never made a Broadway Cast version of Falsettos. Tsk. Tsk.

No comments: