Monday, December 24

The longing to touch, to be touched...

I'm watching Little Children. I'm enjoying it enough. Patrick Wilson is gorgeous, dreamlike beautiful. Someone I'd dream of and wake up the next morning with a smile on my face. Plus Kate Winslet is genius...And I just watched them having sex and saw Patrick's ass. I am set for the day.

Patrick: What does Richard [her husband] do for himself?
Kate: Lies...

As stated last night, I'm suffering from the Christmas Blues. Slight loneliness, followed by frustration. I mean, as I said last night. It'll pass. I just hate the feeling sometimes, as all of us do. The one thing I get sick of is uncertainty. Sure I'm able to feel comfortable with the Tall Man...or some other guy. For one day, [possibly one day a week as it has been]. Then after that the rest is thrown to the wind.

I am trying to grow more comfortable with independent monogamy. I made that phrase up, can you tell? Something along the lines of meeting someone I can feel great with, but then go for days or weeks at a time living my own life. No hassle to really worry about, but to know they are there and want to be with me.

This is why I sometimes content myself with being a spinster. As the urban dictionary puts it though, a male spinster is a Ginnywoman...uh what? I'm digressing. I am like a spinster by way of Summer & Smoke and The Eccentricities of a Nightingale. I can do the sex, very well. Yet, when I get close to possibility of relationships I turn afraid because they can't be morphed into what my mind wants them to be.

So I find the ones that want emotional distance and I play my games based off of it. I'm one loopy case though, I know that much.

No comments: