Sunday, December 16

Finals Thoughts

In the midst of Finals I am taking a small break to write a quick entry. The Patti LuPone Pillow drama, I will not allow it to defeat me. I couldn't find it, for it is TRULY lost. I will get the INC and go on with my life as it was meant to be. That's the best I can do. Granted I had my usual insomnia attack, but I overcame.

Insomnia is more cracked up than people make it seem. When I can't sleep I feel oh so stressed it's true. Then for a moment I realize I'm in some sort of elite percentage. Fie on those who sleep soundly. It just makes you feel much more unique than those who pretend their lives aren't without strife.

In my finals and trying to plan theater for my return to the states. Oh listen to me, talking like a world traveler already. Anyway, I am thrilled because I will be seeing Happy Days by Beckett at BAM, starring Fiona Shaw, also know as Aunt Petunia from the Harry Potter movies. For those of you who don't know the play is basically a long monologue performed by a woman who in the first act is buried up to her waist in sand. Then the second act she's buried up to her head in sand. I've always wanted to see a production of it.


I just bought Beckett's collection of plays. So I will be reading it very soon. His novel, Molloy, is probably one of the most genius pieces of writing I've ever read. Some how his use of language makes sense to me. I do admit it takes will to read on. When Molloy went on about the pebbles I was entranced, where to keep them and his logic of the pockets. Then part two started and it totally fucked with my mind.

Then in my excitement, for I truly love BAM now and the great theater is gives me. I wanted to see the new production of Hansel & Gretel at the Met Opera. For The Met I can only afford the tickets that sit up in Heaven. I can't see well from Heaven. Too bright.

I found out at BAM they how TV showings of it for 22 bucks. It's brilliant. Like the professionally tape the operas to show and probably for archive reasons. So I'm going to that too...

Lastly, I hope when I go home I can make a tattoo visit: I've always loved Joan Miro so I wanted to get this...


The little creature and the stars. A great introduction to color if I do say so
myself...

P.S. I just helped my friend get a connection for 'shrooms...does that make me a drug pusher?

No comments: