Sunday, December 9

Break in between things...

I'm resting my brain...not even like I'm doing that much. I've just lost the knack for staying focused. This weekend besides drugs, I also saw The Golden Compass...I didn't think it was all that bad. Granted I do agree that it could have been 100000 times better. So I guess that means I didn't like it. They handed you too much and never let you guess what was going to happen next. As well as the fact they withheld the original ending. Which is bullshit. At the end of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, that hardly had a happy ending, but because we knew that there were two other books to come.

This would be the same idea. Yet, we had to give it a promising and happy ending for the people who haven't read the books. Well I hope you're happy Chris Weitz for compromising your artistic integrity. Sure, opening weekend will be terrific, but why would you want to see it after the lame reviews it's been getting? I would love to see the other two on screen, but after this I feel nervous to trust Mr. Weitz in making these movies. He may need to be stopped.

I thought Nicole Kidman really did well as Mrs. Coulter.

Otherwise, I went on date number two with this new guy. I will call him The Artist. The Artist is actually only 25, which means we are only 3 years apart. He's one odd duck and for that I feel comfortable in his presence. Actually as I write this he is coming to my place now to be a distraction. I'm surprised but happy by that....I am going to stop writing now since I have to work on homework until he arrives.

No comments: