Monday, April 7

The recession

Yesterday, I saw Evita at my college. It was a bus and truck tour that basically replicated the original Broadway production. So for that I was grateful. The staging of the show is sort of amazing. The way people move and such. The lady who played Eva got a home run when she sang "A New Argentina", but more or less struck out when she had to play a woman on the verge of death.

The funniest part of the show took place in the audience. For the first fifteen minutes this old woman came in and refused to sit down and started screaming, "Don't touch me and tell me what to do!!!" And when the manager came to help her find a seat, she shined her flashlight in the old lady's face and she screamed, "Don't shine that light in my face you damned fool!" All during the quiet part of "On This Night of 1000 Stars". I enjoyed the show enough not to hate it. It was all I expected of a Bus and Truck tour.

In other news. Is there other news? School is school. I'm getting through it one day at a time, with as little homework as possible. It will be a miracle if I get through next year, which I shall.

And The Band Played On is over half finished. Saddening still and annoying at seeing how ignorant the world can be. I've said before that I understand the fear that people had for this mysterious epidemic. The terror is put into people's minds and with that they don't think rationally.

I am also very glad that August: Osage County won the Pulitzer Prize. It truly deserved it!

No comments: