Wednesday, April 23

It happens so quickly...

In a matter of a moment the plans of my summer have been decided and changed so quickly.

I got the internship! I'm interning at playbill.com. This means no summer classes and a reduced pay cut. Yet, it means experience and resume building. So in the end it'll be worth it. That's what I'm telling myself.

It was odd cause the geeky guy who interviewed me was like, "Do you want a few days?" And naturally when someone offers me that I think, "Sure...I'm introspective, of course I'd like a few days..." So I tell him yes, then suddenly he's like, "Well, just so you know we've called everyone else back and told them they didn't get it..." To which I reply, "Sure I'll take it!"

Why offer it if you don't want me to do it? So I take it. I'm excited because it gets me out of this job that's been ruling my life for the last two years. It also makes life a little more new and fresh. It will probably be boring, it will probably not seem like it's worth it. Yet, why not? I need the experience. Besides, life owes me big time so perhaps this is it beginning to pay up.

For the first time in years I'll have a normal 9-5 job. I'll get off while it's still sunny out. I'll be able to enjoy my summer! Not like last year, which was work and sleep, work and sleep.

I get nervous that they'll call and tell me they made a mistake. And I just canceled the summer classes I can't take. Yet, that's not major loss, I'll take them during the winter break. It will somehow get done. It has to get done.

That's my problem: I regret, but this is how life works. Let it take you where you go and see what happens.

No comments: