Thursday, April 3

Give Me Strength

If
by: e.e. cummings
If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
Life would be delight,--
But things couldn't go right
For in such a sad plight
I wouldn't be I.

If earth was heaven and now was hence,
And past was present, and false was true,
There might be some sense
But I'd be in suspense
For on such a pretense
You wouldn't be you.

If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
Things would seem fair,--
Yet they'd all despair,
For if here was there
We wouldn't be we.
It's okay to be sad. To allow yourself to mourn. I could be the worst I can be. Crying is enough for now. I will get by, the well worn phrase, "It will get better." So hilarious that I cling to it. I feel like something inside of me is now broken off. Perhaps, only time can develop that it's noticeable. The damage is done and now it continues on. Sometimes you don't get the time to heal, you just need to keep moving.

I wish it could have continued as it seemed to be. I'm apparently to good at it all that leaves them in awe. In short, I'm not datable. People can see fit to physically get involved and then something happens. Something always happens. 90% of the time it's your fault, so what? I lost out to someone else? He was dating others apparently. Romanticism has died.

Swallow while you still can, let the sadness run down your throat and feel the taste of it. It's not easily forgotten. Embitter? For the first time you've felt lost, really lost. The breakdown paid due an now you have to rebuild.

I never want to be sober again. I want life to always be slanted. It seems better that way, even the bad seems somewhat more surreal and fantastic. Which is easier to deal with. The walls were broken down and for that I need to rebuild.

I never want to be sober again.

No comments: