Sunday, August 17

The First Time I Saw My Blood

The first time I have seen my blood since it's all begun. I have seen it before in vials, at least ten at a time. I cut my finger opening a bottle of wine and I noticed a red dot on my plug to my laptop. So bright and red. I was astounded at how simple it looked, but so amazed as how something as small as this little red dot could cause someone to get so nervous.

It did not burn through the power cord. It didn't ruin anything. Yet, in looking at it I was amazed at the crimson color. It seemed so compact and easy to explain. It hardly is that way. No, this liquid tells stories.

I quickly wiped the drop away and applied a band-aid. I am a creature that creates confusion. It's a role I have to play. I may as well do it to my abilities.

No comments: