Tuesday, August 26

The End of Summer

The summer has ended again, which has come and gone without my really knowing it. It's been different and entertaining. To realizing who I am. Standing in so much darkness. How long and short it's all been.

There was a moment in fire island. Followed by several BBQs with beloved friends. Hold onto those moments. Then there were the darker nights, that aren't necessarily memorable. The constant cold that's followed you through it. The false meetings and quick goodbyes. I'll remember the happier times.

You'll continue on another year. College. The place people never want to leave. I'll be melodramatic, but I want to get out so badly. This year will be about me. About who I am. How can I be happy. How can I become more than I expect.

Ribbons down my back.

No comments: