Monday, August 25

Diva's Playlist

A Tale of Two Cities sounds like one of those shows that's 20 years to late. I've heard mixed things about the show, but tonight I'll know.

In other news I ran around the campus getting things in order. I had two surreal moments during this running around. First was on campus when I remembered how after 1:30 in the afternoon I won't have to quickly leave class to get on a train to get to work. Or how I'll have time to spend on work. Well, more time than what I've been used to.

Then I walked from my old subway stop to the gym. This means I took a stroll through Park Slope. This was the first real stroll since I've moved a month ago. I was presented with the question of: You lived here for a year? Just the same as when I asked myself if I really lived in Chelsea. I lived in Park Slope for over a year, just a month more, but still over a year.

Remember when a year actually meant something? Maybe I just stopped caring about years. When did I stop caring? It was before I moved to the city. There are those people who hold onto the high school years. Those memories they associate with everyone. They can't accept how the memories have developed into actual people.

People will recall these obscure memories of things I did or said. All I can often conjure up is a vague recollection and then I decide: Just laugh and agree, it must have happened. I still wonder where exactly I was when these memories happened. I wasn't stoned or drugged up. I was sober and aware of everything at that time.

Maybe I was aware of to much, even then , I had to sacrifice pleasure in exchange knowledge? The issues of my childhood/middle school/high school life could be a book of their own. For now I won't go into it.

Avoidance, avoidance...Time to see the play.

No comments: