Saturday, August 9

The Millenium Approaches


As the Requiem finally draws to a close and the waltz of life continues I have found my physical therapy by getting my 7th tattoo. Even the owner of the shop said, "This isn't typical of your style." I told him I was entering a world of color.

The pain of this as usual reflected the emotional pain I went through for the last six months. The collar bone stung, while there were times I felt as if he was just digging into my flesh. The scar that has been left is now visually apparent. Look at it and feel awed by the sadness, but see the beauty in the wings. That's what I felt every time I saw this image on the cover of Angels In America Part I. Even Angels weep. I knew years ago, I wanted to get this.

At the time I thought it was odd, but now it has relevance. I am very happy with the turnout. I trust my Bill [the artist]. He is silent, and soon to be a father. I am so happy for him. He gives me the best and I get a good price out of it. He knows when I'll return. He has beautiful blue eyes and a gentle soul. He's just my Bill.

I would like to believe that in a different plain of vision we all have things about us we can't normally see. Some people have horns, others tails. I like to believe my wings would look like these. My back aches often and I always say it's my wings. The are solid and sad.

No comments: