Monday, August 11

I'm published.

My last name is officially published and traceable. That's scary and cool. It makes the whole internship a cool little payoff. In my youth it's truly amazing.

In a rush of insanity and panic. I spent way to much money today. I bought tickets to a show in September, purchased some more Katherine Hepburn materials. The Lion in Winter really hooked me into this legend. Granted I caught her in her prime in that movie. I purchased The African Queen, A Long Days Journey Into Night and Me: Memories From My Life by Kate. I figured I'd give her a chance to weave a spell on me. I know her for the ruthless business woman and determined spirit she is.

Then to keep the theme I purchased the complete works of Eugene O'Neill and a book on play writing. I want to inspire myself to start writing again. I have ideas, but no basic training. I can't take the class at school, so I figure let's do it ourselves. You can. That's a big step in a good direction!

I have an angel on my pectoral. It's peeling and itchy. Bill somehow make the wings look like pastel crayons. Bravo Bill, bravo. I was thinking of abandoning him after the last time. For shame!

I spent a night at home tonight. Playing video games with Elizabeth and then eating a lean cuisine. That's so calm.

Truly calm.

Okay, remember this moment. Take it in. Remember the music, the way your body feels right now. Calm, still, soft breath. Stephan Sondheim, a dim light. Annie Golden's powerful vibrato fading away and a piano fills the room. Smile, allow yourself to smile. Enjoy the moment of clarity that you're now in. Take a breath, inhale, hold, exhale. Now allow for life you continue on with this moment. Then hold onto it until the next moment happens.


Knowing how soon, it'll fade away.

No comments: